Medecins du Monde (MdM), an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilitator for Basic Emergency Care (BEC) Training
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- In Nigeria, Médecins du Monde provides emergency medical assistance to host and displaced populations within the Northeast region of the country.
- This intervention is delivered through the following sectors: Improved access of host and displaced populations to free and comprehensive primary health care; universal access to SRH services, strengthening the continuum of care in SRH, and establishing good quality community care structures throughout the lives of the service users; improved access of the malnourished children, aged 6-59 months, to quality nutrition treatment including the management of Severe Acute Malnutrition.
- A component of MdM’s integrated primary health care services is staff capacity building and institutional strengthening. This is delivered through on job trainings and specific formal trainings according to particular needs.
- As part of this intervention, MdM will train the medical team on ‘’Basic Emergency Care’’ to scale up the quality of the emergency care provided at field level.
- Most life-threatening conditions, whether the original cause was medical or surgical, infection or injury, will present with one of these: Trauma, Difficulty in breathing, Shock and Altered mental status.
- In some cases, the diagnosis may be known, while in others, intervention may be required before a diagnosis can be made, perhaps because of limited diagnostic resources, but often because of the acuity of the condition.
- This BEC training introduces a systematic approach to assessment and management that can be used whether or not a diagnosis has been made.
Purpose and Objectives
- The main objective of this service is to provide high-quality training on Basic Emergency Care to equip the participants with basic knowledge, skills and attitude to perform with confidence basic resuscitation techniques to save lives.
By the end of the training, participants should be better equipped to:
- List the hazards that must be considered when approaching an ill or injured person
- List the elements to approaching an ill or injured person safely
- List the components of the systematic ABCDE approach to emergency patients
- Assess an airway
- Explain when to use airway devices
- Explain when advanced airway management is needed
- Assess breathing
- Explain when to assist breathing
- Assess fluid status (circulation)
- Provide appropriate fluid resuscitation
- Describe the critical ABCDE actions
- List the elements of a SAMPLE history
- Perform a relevant SAMPLE history.
- Trained Medical Personnel certified by WHO
- Supported/certified by Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Facilitator must have relevant University Degree
- Must be able to issue training certificate to successful participants
- 5 years work experience.
- A Registered company/organisation recognized by WHO
Application Closing Date
5th December, 2022 (11:59 pm Nigerian time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest to: email@example.com using “Basic Emergency Care Training” as the subject of the email.
- Candidates must send:
- A comprehensive / detailed profile, indicating their competencies and experiences on similar projects.
- You are not expected to submit your proposals. However, the successful candidates would be sent “Terms of Reference” requesting for proposals.
Leave a Reply