We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Associate
Job Code: SI024
Grant duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance.
Do You Have What It Takes To Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position. A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
- Health Care Professionals are moving toward a greater reliance on information technology and data, to improve health care delivery using combination database management competences. Health informatics has become an integral component of modern healthcare delivery.
- Electronic Medical Records would be used to enhance the quality of patient care at all service delivery point, for treatment of patients, hospital administration, regulatory compliance, population health, cost management, quality control, research, and other purposes.
- Therefore, the accuracy, timeliness, reliability, validity, and integrity of the information are of utmost importance.
- This sub-unit leads the design and development of innovative pathways for the use of technology in healthcare services delivery, management and planning at all CIHP supported entities.
- Contribute to the design, adaptation and maintenance of CIHP databases in conjunction with Strategic Information and program staff to match program or implementation changes
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the design, adaptation and maintenance of CIHP databases in conjunction with the SI and program staff to match strategic program or implementation changes
- Assist in ensuring all relevant program staff can utilize the database to analyze program information and results
- Assist with training in use of data management and analysis tools including NMRS, NDR and MS Office products for team members and facility staff
- Conduct routine review of data being collected and fix problems with data entry, integrity and reporting
- Ensure timely deployment, implementation and use of updated or new databases/modules
- Support Electronic Data Entry Clerks in the monitoring of EMR use and NDR uploads.
- Supervise all EMR processes at assigned facilities including 100% data entry onsite.
- Flag and address data quality gaps at site and above site level for remediation
- Promote use of all available analytical and visualization dashboards across supervised facilities
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- HND or University Degree Computer science, Information System or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience Local or International NGOs; preferably in Care and treatment
- Experience with use, deployment and EMR management
- Knowledge of Access or other programming language a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and run database queries
- Ability to work under pressure cooperatively as a member of a team
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amount of data and produce information
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills and performance areas associated with this position.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME e.g. Health Informatics Associate – SI024 – Kogi – ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Qualified Locals, women and residents of these locations are encouraged to apply
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.