Street Child, an international not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, established in 2008 and aims to create educational opportunities for some of the world’s most vulnerable children hereby invites registered and qualified bidders to submit a bid to this invitation for:
Title: Procurement of Vehicle Rental Services
ITB No:. 01/CORE/2022-23
Scope of Purchase
The services to be procured are:
- Vehicle rental services in need basis from within Kano and Kaduna Cities.
- Vehicle rental services from Kano and Kaduna cities to any LGAs within those states.
- Vehicle rental services within the LGAs of Kano and Kaduna states.
- Vehicle rental services from Kano to Kaduna states or vice versa.
- Vehicle rental services in a yearly contract in Abuja, FCT state.
- Vehicle rental services within Maiduguri, Yola and Damaturu cities.
- Vehicle rental services from Yobe and Adamawa cities to any LGAs within those states.
- Vehicle rental services in need basis in LGAs of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States including interstate travel between different LGAs.
- Airport pickup or drop.
Street Child shall enter into a one-year agreement either with the same or different award-winning bidder with the possibility of extension.
Instruction to Bidders
- Each bidder shall submit only one bid. Bidder who submits or participates in more than one bid will cause all the bids to be disqualified.
- The bidder can submit their bid for any location that are specified above they can provide their services in.
- The bidder shall present all the documents as listed in Section 0 for the bids to be considered as responsive.
- The Bidder is expected to examine all instructions, forms, terms, and specifications in the Bid Document. Failure to furnish all information or documentation required by the Bid Document may result in the disqualification of the bid. Further instructions on how to write your bid in the price schedule is mentioned in the price schedule page.
Terms of Reference
- Vehicles will be requested by Street Child only upon need (except Abuja).
- There will not be any limitation of minimum or maximum running kilometers of vehicle on a dayto-day basis. The vehicle is to be provided even on weekends and holidays depending on the requirements of Street Child.
- The Price schedule of the bid must be pertaining to the prevailing fuel prices, present condition of roads and considering off-roads.
- The Price Schedule of the bid must be in lumpsum and must include salary of driver, repair and maintenance of vehicle, insurance, petrol, diesel, oil, statutory taxes, and any other incidental expenses.
- The vehicle shall be kept neat and clean and in perfect running condition with shining body and clean interior with good upholstery by the vehicle rental company.
- It is the statutory responsibility of the vehicle rental company to pay any or all taxes for the rented vehicle and maintain up-to-date legal documentation of the vehicle.
- The vehicle rental company shall ensure that the drivers employed have valid driving licenses and follow traffic rules and other regulations prescribed by the Government of Nigeria.
- In case of breakdown of vehicle during official travel, it shall be the responsibility of the Vehicle rental company to provide a substitute vehicle immediately. In case, the substitute vehicle does not report on mutually agreed timeframe or does not report at all, Street Child will have the right to hire another vehicle from the market. The additional cost incurred by Street Child in this process until the vehicle rental company can provide a substitute vehicle, will be deducted from the hourly/daily charges that the parties have agreed upon.
- Withholding tax and other taxes shall be deducted as per statutory requirement.
Condition of Vehicle
- The vehicle should be SUV and capable of travelling off road.
- The vehicle should have never been in a road traffic accident.
- The vehicle should have proper working air conditioning.
- The vehicle should be in good operating condition.
- The vehicle should be robustly built.
- The vehicle should be equipped with necessary safety items, first aid box, seat-belt restraints in the front and rear of the vehicle, spare tire, mechanical jack, and basic hand tools.
- The vehicle should have insurance.
- The vehicle should have good tires.
- The vehicle should have a well-maintained Logbook.
- The vehicle should be clean, inside, and outside, and free from any unpleasant odor.
- The vehicle should not have any stickers and branding except the manufacturers.
Preparation of Bids
- The language of the bid shall either be in English. The bidder shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of the bid, and Street Child shall in no case be responsible or liable for those costs, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the bid.
- Bids received in unsealed envelope or tampered envelope will not be accepted. The bidder shall clearly indicate whom the bid is being submitted to and the name of the bidder outside the main envelope.
Currency of Bid and Payment
- The currency of the bid and payment shall be in Nigerian Naira (NGN).
Period of Validity of Bids
- Bids shall remain valid for a minimum period of three calendar months. A bid valid for a shorter period than that shall be rejected.
- The bids will be opened in the presence of at least three of the Procurement Committee members in Street Child’s office in Maiduguri.
- The Bidder may or may not be invited for the bid opening process. Street Child will prepare minutes of the bid opening session.
Examination of Bids and Determination of Responsiveness
Street Child’s procurement committee will examine the bids and prior to the detailed evaluation of the bids, Street Child will determine the following during the bid opening session:
- For hard copies, the envelope containing the bid is correctly sealed.
- For emails, the attachment is password encrypted and the password has been forwarded to the specified email address.
- The requested mandatory documents are submitted; and
- The bid submission form, bidder’s information form and price schedule have been duly filled, signed, and stamped.
- Only those bids that fulfil these criteria will be qualified for further evaluation. The rest of the bids will be rejected.
Evaluation and Comparison of Bids
- The procurement committee of Street Child will evaluate all the qualified bids. Bids will be technically and financially evaluated in a points-based system within the following criteria.
|TC1||No. of years of Experience of the bidder providing vehicle rental services in the specified states and LGAs||10|
|TC2||Presence and capacity of the bidder in the specified states||10|
|TC3||Letter of reference/recommendation provided by other clients of the bidder.||10|
|TC4||Physical Inspection of the bidder’s facility by Street Child.||40|
|TC4||Bidder bidding the lowest price.||30|
- The bidders will be ranked according to the points scored by them, highest being rank 1. All bidders who progress to the evaluation process will be listed as a verified service provider in the roster of Street Child.
- The services may be procured from the verified bidders in the event the contracted bidder is unable to provide the service for whatsoever reason.
- Information relating to the examination, evaluation and comparison of bids and recommendation of Contract award, will not be disclosed to bidders or any other person not officially concerned with such process until information on contract award is communicated to all bidders.
- Any attempt by a bidder to influence any Street Child’s employee in the evaluation of the bids or contract award decisions may result in the rejection of their bid.
Bidding Closing Date
11th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Bidders should submit their bids either in Hardcopy to Street Child office or Softcopy via email.
Street Child International Organization,
Procurement and Logistics Department,
Abuja Office – 4 Fez Street, Wuse 2, Abuja, FCT.
Maiduguri Office – 6 Ahmadu Gonimi Street, Off Gombole Road, Old GRA, Mauduguri, Borno.
Attachments must be password protected and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Password for opening the attachment must be emailed to: email@example.com.
Click Here to Download the Bidding Document (PDF)
- Bidder’s company profile.
- Certificate establishing their registration with federal, state, or local government whichever is or are required.
- Documents establishing their nature of business and license to conduct such business in Nigeria.
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last Financial Year.
- SCUML certificate.
- Letter of reference, recommendations or appreciation given by other previous clients such as government offices, commercial banks, international humanitarian/development agencies, or any other reputed companies and organization.
Clarification of Bidding Document
- A prospective Bidder requiring any clarification about the Bid Document should contact the “Street Child Procurement and Logistics Department” at: firstname.lastname@example.org After receiving such requests, Street Child shall make available as soon as possible the answer to such question or curiosity in writing.
- Likewise, to assist in the examination, evaluation, and comparison of bids, Street Child may, at their discretion, ask any bidder for clarification of their bid, including breakdowns of the prices and other relevant information that Street Child may require.
- The request for clarification and the response shall be in writing, but no change in the price or substance of the Bid shall be sought, offered, or permitted except as required to confirm the correction of arithmetic errors discovered in the evaluation of the bids.
- No Bidder shall contact Street Child on any matter relating to its bid from the time of the bid opening to the time the contract is awarded.
Leave a Reply